Staying positive and feeling happy from the inside out is something that is hard to come by when we feel bored, lifeless, rejected, passionless, and the list goes on and on. You get the idea. Every day brings it’s craziness and trials and troubles. That’s a taste of life. But we don’t have to live in this zombie-like state. It is totally possible to live a powerful and meaningful life. The greatest joy you can ever have in life, is when Jesus is living in you and his love just wells up within and comes out in the most beautiful ways. Jesus is beautiful and makes you beautiful. He brings healing to the most intimate parts of your soul. That’s why it’s possible to be happy even in the worst circumstances (Believe me, I’ve almost tried it. 😉 ).
With Jesus living within us, we still have “those moments”. We’re human and completely capable of feeling grumpy and sad all over again. Circumstances can be overwhelming and it’s okay to cry. The best way to overcome pain, sadness, boredom or whatever have you, is to remind ourselves of what is the most important thing in life:
We live in freedom from the bondage of sin and death; free to live in the deepest and clearest love imaginable – Jesus’ love.
There are a lot of different things that you can do to be refreshed, rejuvenated, and ultimately live as the person you were created to be. I’ve selected out my very favorite ones for you. Most of them are quite simple and only take a moment or can be done all throughout the day (like the first one!). AND, there’s one for anytime of the day and year!
Discover what brings out the best in you and enjoy doing that when you can. Life is too short to live anything but the best version of yourself; confidently because of Jesus!
- Smile! (Jesus loves you!)
- Go for a walk
- Read a favorite Bible verse
- Breath 5 deep breaths of fresh air
- Light a scented candle
- Listen to music
- Bullet journal (Look it up! It’s similar to Art Journaling)
- Prayer time!
- Drink a cup of tea
- Paint a fun color on your nails (if you’re that kind of girl 😉 )
- Look up through tree branches (seriously!)
- Try out a new scented perfume
- Do a face mask or foot soak
- Bubble bath (Epsom salts and lavender are great for an extra healthy version)
- Send a “Good morning!” text to a friend
- Take ten or fifteen minutes to do your favorite thing (ideas: crafts, art, writing, or even make-up!)
- Stretch your arms out and imagine God’s love spilling over you like the sun’s rays.
- Laugh out loud
- Read an inspirational book
- Enjoy some chocolate (girls can always use chocolate, right? 🙂 )
So there you have it, 21 ways to remain positive and keep focused on what really matters in life! The little things go a long way!
“One day at a time. One goal at a time. Changing on life at a time. ”
That’s my quote of the year! What brings out the best in you? Have you tried any of these? Please share below!
You may also enjoy:
- A Letter From My Father
- The Day I Finally Gave Up
- Before We’ve Even Asked
- The Least I Can Give
- The Greatest Audience
Grab the “Powerful Womanhood” printable for FREE!
P.S. If you’ve been following this crazy blogging adventure with me for a while, you may have noticed that some things look a little different! I’ve been having a lot of fun rejuvenating the face of this blog and making it, well, more “me”. If y’all have any suggestions, I would love some feedback! Thanks so much for joining in this fun, at times wearying, but over-all, exhilarating and passion packed journey. Ya’ll are awesome!