After a very long (although, yet surprisingly short) year, I have finally completed my first choral composition. Starting out as a four part hymn, it includes a men’s verse and finishes with eight parts.
I kind of stepped out by writing two descants. The reason for that originally was because I wanted the highest to reach up to a D6 (which, for those who are wondering, is the first D above the treble staff). Most sopranos can’t do that so I added a second descant. Somehow in the editing process, they both got lowered, it’s better that way (maybe 😉 ). Continue reading “Lord Jesus, This is Our Prayer (My First Ever Choral Composition)”